Remember my recipe for basic banana cake? As it's just the "basic" one, the cake is actually can be developed to another toothsome cake! Combining the savory taste of cheese and bittersweet from chocolate would never go wrong, would it? Plus, this recipe will make double, so I used 20x30 cm and 20x20 cm pan. Perfect recipe for a family gathering!
Niken's Chocolate Banana Cake with Cheese Crumble
Total time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Yield: One 20x30 cm pan and 20x20 cm pan
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup palm sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened chocolate powder
- ½ cup chocolate sprinkles (optional)
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 4 banana)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- A pinch nutmeg powder
- Cheese Vanilla Crumble
- 80 gram sweet condensed milk
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 ½ cup shredded cheddar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon margarine
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven in 180 deg C
- Make cheese crumble first. Mix thoroughly all ingredients until they turn to crumble. Set aside.
- Combine milk and lemon juice, set aside
- Whisk butter with palm sugar until creamy. Add eggs, mix well
- Gradually fold flour and chocolate powder into egg mixture, then add baking soda and baking powder
- Fold in mashed banana, milk mixture, and chocolate sprinnkles. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla essence. Mix well until batter turns homogeneous
- Pour batter into two pan. Spread crumble evenly on both tops.
- Bake for 35 - 40 minute.