The common recipe of banana cake we often find are usually titled "Banana Bread" with heavier and tougher texture, while my recipe here is lighter but still has strong banana flavor. It is perfect for breakfast, afternoon tea, in between meal, dessert, or you can add frosting to turn it to party cake!
I also wrote the recipe of Honey Lemon Butter below. Even though my banana cake is already toothsome just as it is, but have it spread with butter, lime, and honey will make it even more delicious. Happy cooking, readers!
Niken's Basic Banana Cake
Preparation and Cooking Time: 1 hr 30 min
Yield: for 20 x 10 cm cake pan
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup palm sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 4 banana)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- A pinch nutmeg powder
- Honey Lemon Butter
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven in 180 deg C
- Combine milk and lemon juice, set aside
- Whisk butter with palm sugar until creamy. Add eggs, mix well
- Gradually fold flour into egg mixture, then add baking soda and baking powder
- Fold in mashed banana and milk mixture. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla essence. Mix well until batter turns homogeneous
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes
- To make butter: using fork, whisk all ingredients fast until it turns emulsified and creamy.
- Spread all honey lemon butter on cake top while it's still hot.