This wrapper is suitable for every dumpling; batagor, siomay, wontons, etc. You can also fry it to chips, as a side dish of Mie Ayam, Bubur Ayam (Chicken Porridge), or just have them for snack.
Kulit Pangsit (Dumpling Skin)
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cold water
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour / cornstarch
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg
Prep time: 15 m
Total time: 105 m
- Combine all ingredients in one bowl until homogenous, knead for 10 minutes
- Let it rest for 10 – 30 minutes, covered with clean cloth
- Knead again for 10 minutes or until smooth and not sticky, rest for another 10 minutes
- Dust working surface and rolling pin with starch
- Take one squash ball size dough, form ball, and roll. When the dough is already flat, fold dough, dust with flour, and roll again. Repeat the process until the dough is stiff enough, easily spring back when poked and folded. Dust the rolled dough with flour.
- Take the dough again; repeat step five until all dough is rolled. If you’re willing to stack the skins, remember to flour in between surface so they won’t stick each other.
- For snack, fry the skin in medium heat until golden brown and crispy.